There are different ways to down your coffee.
Brew methods can be flashy, fast and easy.
We know most coffee gadgets look complicated and, well, down right ridiculous, but once you know how to use them, they can be time saving, life saving and a good way to show off the morning after if all else fails. We reckon there are few things sexier than a girl or bloke mastering the art of the perfect morning brew.
The trusty Plunger.
- Boil the kettle first up – let it reach boiling point and let it drop in temperature for a few minutes. If you have a temp gauge kettle, set it for 96 degrees Celsius.
- Chuck some coffee into the plunger, 20g is good for 2 cups
- Cover grounds with water and leave it! We reckon about the 4 minute mark, if you can wait that long. No doubt the smell will be seducing you by now… so plunge away!
The oh-so-popular Aeropress.
- Heat water to 94 degrees Celsius
- Add 18g of ground coffee
- Pour 100g of water for 30 seconds over the grounds, stir and let bloom
- Add another 100g of water immediately and secure aeropress cap with a rinsed paper filter (or metal filter)
- After two mins flip aeropress and press down for 20-30 seconds
The finished product – coffee in your cup or beaker, the perfectly brewed hot drink in a matter of minutes.
For more information, recipes and in-depth training on technique and brew methods keep an eye out on our Facebook page for our monthly Brew Series workshops.
February is all about V60 brewing. We’ll be discussing and demonstrating 4 different techniques to brewing coffee using a V60. Improve your filter knowledge, drink some of our brew, chat coffee and offer more method recipes.
The Brew Series workshops are suitable for all skill levels, beginners to coffee masters!
Oh and they’re FREE!
Join us 10am – 11am Saturday 25th Feb for our first Brew Series Workshop – V60 Brewing.